2021 AMI Online Salon
- Entrant Name: Yu-Sin Huang
- Client: UIC Simulation and Integrative Learning Institute
- Copyright: Yu-Sin Huang, 2021
- Medium/software used: Adobe Illustrator
- Final presentation format: 8.5 x 11 double-sided print handout
- Primary Audience: Medical students who are learning phlebotomy
The purpose of this illustration is to educate medical students or residents on the procedure of phlebotomy. The learner of phlebotomy is usually unfamiliar with other medical procedures. To help the learner quickly understand and recall the procedure, I depicted the whole process from the learner’s view. I also split the procedure into three stages: preparation, collection, and post-procedure. The key challenge from this assignment is organizing all critical tips and steps in two pages. Therefore, the important reminders of each step are highlighted in red to help the learner notice the information. This assignment requires to depict a medical procedure with organic forms and some geometric forms in a line diagram format. The color scheme is limited to black and tints of a Pantone color.