2021 AMI Online Salon
- Entrant Name: Allison Pardieck
- Client:University of Illinois at Chicago
- Copyright: Allison Pardieck, 2021
- Medium/software used:Adobe Photoshop
- Final presentation format:Powerpoint presentation slides
- Primary Audience: College students
This illustration series shows the steps of the white blood cell recruitment process. These images are designed to be placed in a Powerpoint presentation, for the purpose of educating college students in a general science or immunology course. They are supplementary to a professor’s lecture and other reading material. Each image describes a stage of neutrophil recruitment: capture, rolling, slow rolling, full arrest, extravasation, chemotaxis, and phagocytosis. An establishing shot is also included to orient the student viewers. Additionally, these images are designed to utilize the unique tools presented by Photoshop as a digital painting software.