2021 AMI Online Salon
- Entrant Name: Xian Boles
- Client: N/A (course assignment at Rochester Institute of Technology)
- Copyright: Xian Boles, 2021
- Medium/software used: Graphite and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Final presentation format: Medical journal advertisement
- Primary Audience: medical professionals
This piece is intended to advertise an implanted medical device, Neuralink. Original image is formatted for print as 8.5′ x 11′, CMYK, 300ppi. Assignment requirements include the use of graphite to draw the figure and relevant anatomical structures to import into Adobe Photoshop. The Neuralink brand logo and device were rendered in Adobe Illustrator. Images and text arranged in Adobe InDesign. Content must include a brief explanation of the device’s use to treat a disease and at least two views of the device: one detailed and zoomed-in, the other implanted in a patient. Technical goals include creating a visually engaging composition using text, logo, the figure’s gaze, limited color palette, and background texture. Challenges include creating a natural and harmonious style between illustrations rendered in graphite and Adobe Illustrator.