2021 AMI Online Salon
- Entrant Name: Yu Xiang Ren
- Client:Faculty Advisor: Dr. Shelley Wall, Content Advisor: Dr. John Wong
- Copyright: Yu Xiang Ren, 2020
- Medium/software used:Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Clip Studio
- Final presentation format:Two-page editorial spread
- Primary Audience:General public
Affecting millions of people worldwide, lymphatic filariasis is a neglected tropical disease that is similarly underrepresented in medical illustration. This piece aims to confront this information vacuum by informing the viewer on different aspects of lymphatic filariasis at a high level. The primary focus of this assignment is on the visual depiction of disease progression, shown on both the cellular and the tissue levels. An emphasis on comparison between normal and pathological anatomy is incorporated to provide background for the general public. The overarching goal is to provide a comprehensive yet digestible two-page spread overview of the main features of the pathogenesis of lymphatic filariasis.