2021 AMI Online Salon
- Entrant Name: Farah Hamade
- Client:MScBMC, UofT
- Copyright: Farah Hamade, 2020
- Medium/software used:Apple Procreate, Adobe Illustrator
- Final presentation format:Print Comic
- Primary Audience:Patients, family of patient, general public
Jedo’s Unknown is a comic that explores the generational and cultural shifts in cancer diagnosis disclosure (CDD) through the author’s experience navigating their Jedo’s (grandfather in Arabic) lung cancer diagnosis. The goal is to shed light on the complex feelings associated with medical decision making, and bring awareness to a common scenario families across different cultures face when disclosing a cancer diagnosis to a loved one.