2021 AMI Online Salon
- Entrant Name: Yilin Li
- Client: American Journal of Bioethics
- Copyright: Yilin Li, 2021
- Medium/software used: Procreate
- Final presentation format: journal cover
- Primary Audience: research scientists
This cover illustration is to depict the controversy on genome editing, which is discussed in an article from that month, ‘Would genome editing harm or benefit the person born as a result?’. The illustrator uses a luminous purple candy to suggest the artificial aspects of this genome piece and its ambiguity. The subtle interaction between the two hands also indicates the uncertainty of this action.