2021 AMI Online Salon
Escalation of Airway Support
- Entrant Name: Shelby Saboo
- Client: UIC Simulation and Integrative Learning Institute
- Copyright: Shelby Saboo, 2021
- Medium/software used: Adobe Illustrator
- Final presentation format: Print Handout
- Primary Audience: Medical residents or medical students who require training in administering airway support as the patient escalates in need.
This illustration depicts the steps needed for oxygen administration, escalating from least invasive to increasingly invasive airway support. The illustration supports a text handout so the amount of text included was limited. Emphasis is assigned to hand placement during BVM ventilation due to the critical role it plays in maintaining patent airway.