2021 AMI Online Salon
- Entrant Name: Michelle Wu
- Client:Faculty advisor: Marc Dryer
- Copyright: Michelle Xingyu Wu, 2021
- Medium/software used:Maya, Photoshop
- Final presentation format:Journal cover
- Primary Audience:Lay audience
In the face of a declining bee population, a team of researchers have developed a method of flower pollination using soap bubbles laced with pollen grains. Soap bubbles were designed to successfully deliver pollen as effectively as hand pollination without causing damage to the flowers. The project was created to appeal to a general audience and interest them to read the article, and communicates the scientific research in a visual metaphor through a 3D medium. In the image, a bee made from bubbles is shown hovering over flowers, representing the substitution of bees with soap bubbles.