2021 AMI Online Salon
- Entrant Name: Cassie Ren
- Client:Faculty Advisor: Marc Dryer
- Copyright: Cassie Ren, 2021
- Medium/software used:Autodesk Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Final presentation format:Print, Journal Cover
- Primary Audience:Educated Lay Public
All microorganisms are exposed to periodic stresses that prevent them from growing. A recent study revealed that bacteria such as Vibrio parahaemolyticus survive extreme environment by establishing a dormant, non-replicating state known as quiescence or dormancy. This piece serves as a visual metaphor for the study. It is intended to attract the interest of the educated lay public to read about the research article. This cover depicts a dormant bacterium inside a snowglobe where it is protected from the cold temperature outside.