ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR THE AMI2020 WEBINAR SERIES IS NOW OPEN!
|$20.00||Note: $20.00 available to Student Members only|
Virtual Programs Code of Conduct:
The Association of Medical Illustrators (AMI) is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and AMI staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, sponsors, AMI staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct. This policy applies to all AMI meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than AMI but held in conjunction with AMI events, on public or private platforms.
Unacceptable behavior is defined as:
- Disruption of presentations during sessions. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any AMI virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should that contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. AMI reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Copying or taking screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space. Participants should not copy or take screen shots of any chat activity.
AMI reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and AMI reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
AMI is dedicated to providing a harassment- and discrimination-free virtual webinar experience for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, race, age or religion. AMI does not tolerate harassment of webinar participants in any form.
All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Sexual language and imagery outside of a medical context is not appropriate for any webinar, including talks.
Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave professionally. Remember that discrimination, harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate for AMI events.
Harassment may include, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, race, age, veteran status, and/or religion.
- Inappropriate sexual images
- Deliberate intimidation or ”stalking” or excessive following
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
AMI leadership may redress anything designed to disrupt, or with the clear impact of disrupting, the event or making the environment hostile for any participant. If a participant engages in harassing or discriminatory behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. Webinar participants violating these rules may receive a warning or may be sanctioned or expelled from the webinar (without a refund) at the discretion of the webinar organizers.
Participants asked to stop any harassing or discriminatory behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Any participant may be expelled from the webinar by the decision of AMI leadership for any violation of the anti-harassment and discrimination policy. However, here are some general guidelines for when a participant should be expelled:
- A third offense resulting in a warning from AMI leadership
- Continuing to harass after any “No” or “Stop” instruction
- A pattern of harassing behavior
- A single serious offense
- A single obviously intentional offense