2020 Online Salon
Your Child’s Cochlear Implant: Before Surgery
- Entrant Name: Erin Martin
- Membership Type: Professional Submission
- Other Contributors: Erin Martin, Fran Valentine, Mark Anderson, Tamara Shores, Jan Nissl, Patrick Kilby
- Address: Boise, Idaho USA
- Client: Healthwise
- Copyright: 2020 Healthwise
- Medium/software used: Cinema 4D, Adobe Aftereffects
- Final presentation format: MP4
- Primary Audience: Patient Education
This video was created to help parents better understand the procedure to insert a cochlear implant into their child. The video begins with general anatomy of the ear to explain the type of hearing loss that a cochlear implant can help correct.
We also wanted to make sure that parents understood that a child’s hearing would not improve until the implant is turned on a few weeks after surgery.