2020 Online Salon
Utilizing Extended Release Microsphere Technology
- Company/Institution: 3FX
- Submission Type: Company/Corporation Submission
- Other Contributors: Josy Conklin, Rocky Weinstock
- Address: Blue Bell, Pennsylvania USA
- Client: Dudnyk
- Copyright: 2017 Flexion Therapeutics, Inc.
- Medium/software used: Cinema 4D and After Effects
- Final presentation format: Mp4, website
- Primary Audience: Healthcare professionals
Provide healthcare professionals (HCP) with a three-dimensional animation of treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee. Zilretta’s novel microsphere formulation is composed of triamcinolone acetonide (TA) embedded in a biodegradable PLGA matrix. This animation expands upon how the composition and formulation allows extended drug release over time, details the manufacturing process to show how medication is distributed evenly to microspheres, and illustrates the pharmacokinetics of the drug through an intra-articular injection into the synovial fluid.