2020 Online Salon
SARS-CoV-2 RNA-dependent RNA Polymerase (RdRp) and Remdesivir Mechanism of Action
- Company/Institution: Cognition Studio, Inc
- Submission Type: Company/Corporation Submission
- Other Contributors: Dani Bergey, Liz Hjort, PhD, David Ehlert, David Spach, MD, Stephanie Carnes, PhD, Maria Agostoni, PhD
- Address: Seattle, Washington USA
- Client: The World
- Copyright: 2020 Cognition Studio, Inc
- Medium/software used: Maxon Cinema 4D and Adobe Illustrator
- Final presentation format: 18 x 24″ Poster
- Primary Audience: Healthcare practitioners and general public
The antiretroviral medication prodrug remdesivir inhibits SARS-CoV-2 RNA genome replication by targeting the viral RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (RdRp) and inducing delayed chain termination.
The combined teaching poster provides a visual summary of this process and was made available as a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International Licences.