2020 Online Salon
Periodontitis: Staging and grading
- Entrant Name: Evelyn Pence
- Membership Type: Professional Submission
- Other Contributors: Evelyn Pence
- Address: Newport, Kentucky USA
- Client: Procter & Gamble Oral Care
- Copyright: 2020 Procter & Gamble
- Medium/software used: Adobe PS, Adobe AI
- Final presentation format: Flip Chart / Booklet
- Primary Audience: Dental hygienists
Procter & Gamble is a dentifrice manufacturer with decades of patented innovations to overcome formulation challenges of stannous fluoride-containing products. Recent trials have shown the simple incorporation of 0.454% stannous-fluoride dentifrice into daily oral hygiene may reduce the risk of progressive periodontal disease.
These illustrations were created to assist dental hygienists determine the stage and grade of periodontitis with their patients so that proper recommendations can be made for oral care. Stannous fluoride dentifrice in an oral hygiene routine is a convenient, cost effective approach to improve and protect patients’ oral health. Procter and Gamble’s most recent innovation to counter the characteristics of periodontitis (illustrated in this submission) is marketed under the Crest® Pro-Health™ name.