2020 Online Salon
Immune Reconstitution Therapy (IRT) and MS
- Company/Institution: INVIVO Communications Inc
- Submission Type: Company/Corporation Submission
- Other Contributors: Janice Wong, Naveen Devasagayam, Lisa Qiu, Julie Saunders
- Address: Toronto, Ontario Canada
- Client: EMD Serono
- Copyright: 2019 INVIVO Communications Inc.
- Medium/software used: Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max, Adobe AfterEffects, Adobe Premiere Pro
- Final presentation format: High-definition Animated Video
- Primary Audience: Healthcare professionals
In literature, a vignette is a short impressionistic scene that focuses on one moment or character and gives a trenchant impression about that character or setting. In that sense, our animation communicates a series of highly focused vignettes within the topic of Multiple Sclerosis (MS); we discussed only the key ideas as it pertains to disease burden, pathophysiology and Immune Reconstitution Therapy (IRT).
The visual goal of this animation was to create imagery that would complement vignette storytelling, while remaining mindful of the sensitive nature of the topic. As such, we arrived at a very organic style that combines rich textures and soft lighting with a hand-drawn quality to highlight areas of focus. Elegant typography and fluid transitions help to draw in the audience.