2020 Online Salon
Hypoxemia on COVID-19
- Entrant Name: Gokhan Canaz
- Membership Type: Associate Submission
- Other Contributors: Gokhan Canaz
- Address: Istanbul, Turkey
- Client: Dr. Emre Bingul
- Copyright: 2020 Gokhan Canaz
- Medium/software used: Adobe Photoshop
- Final presentation format: Poster
- Primary Audience: Anesthesiologist and Intensive Care Unit Specialists
The purpose of the poster is to summarize the main pathophysiology of hypoxemia on COVID-19 infections, to emphasise the paradox of “hypoxemia-hyperventilation” and to suggest early intubation as a solution to break that paradox.
The intubation indications on COVID related pneumonia still in debate all-over the world. Especially on young patients specialist are tend to avoid early intubation. The paradox mostly occurs on young patients and within the terms of mentioned pathophysiologies, and the poster’s aim is to remind the specialists that early intubation can be a life-saving method.
Center of the subject, the paradox of “Hypoxemia – Hyperventilation” takes place. In addition to direct cytotoxic damage of COVID-19 and related pathologies, we wanted to show the strong contraction of the diaphragm, elevated negative intrathoracic pressure and that pathologic state with a cross-section illustration of pathologic lung and diaphragm.