2020 Online Salon
Gross anatomy and internal circulation pathways of the human heart
- Entrant Name: Virginia Ferrante-Iqbal
- Membership Type: Professional Submission
- Other Contributors: Virginia Ferrante-Iqbal
- Address: NASHVILLE, Tennessee USA
- Client: Self-promotion
- Copyright: 2020 Virginia Ferrante-Iqbal
- Medium/software used: Digital / Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Final presentation format: Anatomical Atlas for print and e-books
- Primary Audience: Medical students, nursing students, and physiotherapy students.
The intended purpose of this plate, is to depict two anterior views of the human heart next to each other so the student can visualize the circulatory pathway of the blood and the key valves involved. The image on the left shows the gross anatomical structures. The image on the right is a transparent diagram of the same heart to reveal the location of the valves (Pulmonary valve, Aortic valve, Mitral valve, and Tricuspid valve) and pathways of deoxygenated and oxygenated blood.