2020 Online Salon
Getting in Step with your Pacemaker
- Entrant Name: Martin Shook
- Membership Type: Student Submission
- Address: Toronto, Ontario Canada
- Client: Faculty Advisor: Jodie Jenkinson
- Copyright: 2020 Martin Shook
- Medium/software used: Maxon Cinema 4D®, Adobe Photoshop®, and Adobe Illustrator®
- Final presentation format: Print brochure, patient handout
- Primary Audience: The target audience is a layperson, or a family member of a layperson, who is in the process or has already received a pacemaker.
The patient brochure “Getting in step with your pacemaker” is a support document for patients who are in the process or have already received a pacemaker implant. The brochure intends to educate patients on the parts and functionality of pacemakers to better understand their treatment journey. The brochure begins by providing a brief overview of a heart’s natural rhythm and potential changes in rhythm. It is assumed that the patient has been diagnosed, and their care provider has already explained their heart’s pathology. Following the overview of the heart’s rhythm, the brochure opens to visualize the pacemaker and discusses the major parts and functions of the device. Finally, because the pacemaker depicted is unbranded, the brochure may act as a proof of concept for potential clients in the medical device sector.