2020 Online Salon
Early Chicken embryo model for neural tube defects
- Entrant Name: Gokhan Canaz
- Membership Type: Associate Submission
- Other Contributors: Gokhan Canaz, Caglar Cura
- Address: Istanbul, Istanbul Turkey
- Client: Dr. Aysegul Ozdemiroglu
- Copyright: 2018 Gokhan Canaz
- Medium/software used: Adobe Photoshop
- Final presentation format: Journal – Original Article Illustration
- Primary Audience: Neurosurgeons
The illustration had been created for an original article titled “Effects of Erythrosine on Neural Tube Development in Early Chicken Embryos” on World Neurosurgery Journal.
The purpose is to show the chicken embryo on two development stages, which are important for the method section of the study. On the first figure, we showed the subblastodermic injection method and the features of stage 9 chicken. On the second figure, we see the embryo at stage 18. At that stage, the embryos are being examined under light microscopy for neural tube defect development. We wanted to help readers visualize the microscope image by showing the cross-section on the embryo with the microscope image.