2020 Online Salon
Cyclodiode Laser Treatment for Glaucoma
- Entrant Name: Shawna Snyder
- Membership Type: Professional Submission
- Address: Madison, Wisconsin USA
- Client: Rendia
- Copyright: 2019 Rendia Inc.
- Medium/software used: 3ds Max, Adobe After Effects
- Final presentation format: Web Video
- Primary Audience: Ophthalmologists, Patients
The cyclodiode laser is a new treatment for patients having difficulty managing their glaucoma. Existing videos on this treatment are highly technical or show the surgical procedure itself, which can be unappealing to everyday patients. In this video, we use 3D models and illustrations to show the cyclodiode laser treatment in a non-threatening way. Patients learn about the ciliary body, it’s role in glaucoma, and how this laser can help. It was critical to show the laser doesn’t require invasive surgery – but can be applied on the outside of the eye and still reach internal structures. Ultimately the goal is to make conversations between doctors and their patients easier.