2020 Online Salon
COVID-19 Around the World in 60 Days
- Entrant Name: Jennifer Barolet
- Membership Type: Student Submission
- Address: Toronto, Ontario Canada
- Client: Faculty Advisor: Jodie Jenkinson
- Copyright: 2020 Jennifer Barolet
- Medium/software used: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
- Final presentation format: Print, Poster, 24″ x 36″
- Primary Audience: General Public Audience
The goal of this infographic was to create a visualization illustrating the rapid global spread of COVID-19 during the first 60 days of the pandemic in the year 2020. The illustration presents the confirmed number of infected cases and mortality reported per country. It also includes a timeline listing the date of the first confirmed imported case, confirmed death, and in-country person-to-person transmission, as well as key events, in chronological order.
By March 1, 2020, there were 87,137 confirmed cases of infection and 2,977 deaths reported globally, with 7,169 confirmed cases outside of China in 58 countries and 104 deaths. As of August 7, 2020, 159 days later, there were 18,614,177 confirmed cases of infection and 702,642 deaths reported worldwide (https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports).