2020 Online Salon
COVID-19 and the Science of Soap
- Company/Institution: INVIVO Communications Inc
- Submission Type: Company/Corporation Submission
- Other Contributors: Minhwan Kim, Naveen Devasagayam, Natalie Cormier, Jason Raine, Jerry Won, Lisa Qiu, Vincent Leung, Matt Lumba
- Address: Toronto, Ontario Canada
- Client: None
- Copyright: 2020 INVIVO Communications Inc.
- Medium/software used: Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max, Adobe AfterEffects, Adobe Premiere Pro
- Final presentation format: High-definition Animated Video
- Primary Audience: General public
In the early days of the pandemic, our team, like many in our community, wanted to offer our skills in helping educate the public. As society begins planning to re-open businesses, protecting ourselves and each other from SARS-CoV-2 is still a paramount necessity. Everyone knows washing our hands is a healthy habit; in this video we visualize exactly why it helps, with the effect of soap on viruses. A toon-shaded style was used to distill complex science into easily digestible visuals in order to appeal to a wide audience without compromising scientific accuracy. This simplified style presented a welcoming look and feel that would draw in viewers of all ages, and used bright, bold colors in combination with clean graphic elements in order to captivate the audience.