2020 Online Salon
Antibiotic Resistant Pathogens Trading Cards
- Entrant Name: Meredith Newlove
- Membership Type: Professional Submission
- Other Contributors: Meredith Newlove, Stephanie Rossow, Jennifer Oosthuizen
- Address: Atlanta, Georgia USA
- Client: CDC
- Copyright: N/A N/A
- Medium/software used: 3D Studio Max, After Effects, Element 3D
- Final presentation format: .mp4, social media ‘Story’ dimensions
- Primary Audience: General public
An animated suite of social media ‘Trading Cards’ profiling the five antibiotic-resistant pathogens ranked by experts as most urgent to address. This entry presents Drug-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Candida auris, Clostridioides difficile, Carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter, and Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae animations in the ‘Story’ format.
The Trading Cards were intended to engage social media users with information about these antibiotic resistant threats, demonstrating their behaviors, typical ‘hiding spots’, illnesses caused, and ways to prevent infection. Working across 3D Studio Max, After Effects, and Element 3D, a hologram-like aesthetic was developed using Point Clouds to evoke the imminence of these ‘beautiful, but deadly’ organisms. Overlaid kinetic typography and custom design elements incorporate critical information and encourage a visit to CDC’s Antibiotic Resistance web resources.