2018 AMI Online Salon
YONDELIS®: A Guide to Your 24-Hour Outpatient Infusion Experience
- Artist(s): Radius Digital Science
- Contributors: Michelle Peterson, Walid Aziz, Sarah Brooks, Jeff Dash, Paris Hall, Henry Frost, ; Montclair, New Jersey
- Client: Janssen Biotech, Inc.
- Copyright: © 2017 Janssen Biotech, Inc.
- Medium / software used: Autodesk 3DS MAX, Adobe After Effects CC
- Final presentation format: Brand website
- Primary audience: Patients and caregivers
The treatment of YONDELIS® for leiomyosarcoma and liposarcoma presents a number of challenges due to the fact that (1) ~70% of patients receive their 24-hour infusion in an outpatient setting; (2) the IV bag is large & may pull on the IV site if not handled properly; & (3) leakage at the site may cause extravasation.
This animation was created specifically for patients & their caregivers to help them feel prepared for their at-home infusion process, the potential challenges, & side effects.
Our team worked with experienced infusion nurses at Dana Farber Cancer Institute & MD Anderson Cancer Center; so that, we could collect & weave critical talking points into our manuscript.
We challenged ourselves by creating a story written in first person perspective – using conversational tone & integrating character animation within a delicate paper world. Our end goal was to engage the viewer while putting their minds at ease in order for them to achieve maximum understanding & retention.