2018 AMI Online Salon
Right ankle fracture surgery – John Doe
- Artist(s): Stephen Mader
- Contributors: Stephen Mader, Ken VanderStoep, Stefanie Kuzmiski; Toronto, Ontario
- Client: Personal Injury Attorney
- Copyright: © 2018 Artery Studios Inc.
- Medium / software used: Cinema 4D/Photoshop/After Effects/Quicktime Pro
- Final presentation format: Animation for courtroom
- Primary audience: Attorneys/judge/jurors
This animation was created as demonstrative evidence for use in a plaintiff personal injury insurance claim. The client was the restrained driver of an SUV that collided with a semi-trailer truck. He sustained significant right ankle injuries including a closed, displaced fracture of the medial malleolus and closed comminuted fractures of the calcaneus. Referencing the case x-rays, expert opinions, and medical literature, this animation was created to show the surgery performed to repair the medial malleolar fracture. Detailed 3D anatomical modelling and animated motion sequences help to clarify the extent of trauma and the surgical steps performed, thereby allowing the medical expert to better explain the severity of the plaintiff’s ankle injury and its associated surgical repair.