2018 AMI Online Salon
How STELARA Works in Crohn’s Disease
- Artist(s): Radius Digital Science
- Contributors: Brandon Pletsch, Dolina Viemeister, Andy Krapsho, Liz O’Boyle, Walid Aziz; Montclair, New Jersey
- Client: Janssen Biotech, Inc.
- Copyright: © 2017 Janssen Biotech, Inc.
- Medium / software used: Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe After Effects CC
- Final presentation format: Animation used in press release and on consumer website
- Primary audience: Patients/caregivers living with Crohn’s Disease
For patients living with Crohn’s Disease, when first-line therapy fails or does not provide sufficient relief of symptoms, biologics are often used.
For years, biologics targeting TNFs have been the standard treatment of choice in second-line therapy. However, newer biologics targeting other cytokines further ‘upstream’ in the inflammation cascade have been shown to be viable options.
Radius was tasked with creating a patient and caregiver-friendly animation to very simply provide a bit of background on the biological basis of Crohn’s Disease, as well as highlighting the mechanism of STELARA.
High priority was given to flow, brevity, and retaining audience interest throughout the piece. The animation was used in the press release accompanying the product’s approval, as well as on the consumer website.